Drive way small pot hole repair, concrete mix

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a concrete drive ( concrete has smalls stone in it), drive has picked up some damage from a skip, over time its got worse and now needs filling, it's small area I would say approx 25cm length, 20cm width, 4cm depth that needs filling.

I've seen this in Wickes would this do the job, and I'm I correct in saying its a just 'add water' mix ? It mentions 10mm aggregates does that mean it has the stones in ? http://www.lafarge.co.uk/CementDatasheet/RTU High Strength.pdf

If buy this what type of consistency should I go for when mixing it, will be by hand in bucket ?

It mentions I need to compact it, I know what compact menas but I'm not sure what it means in terms of laying the concrete, do I just put it in the hole wait and bit and then wack it down or does it mean something else ?

Sponsored Links
A repair will require a greater amount of finer material in the mix than a regular concreting job.

The best mix would be a 'fatty' blend of 3 parts sharp sand 3 parts 10mm gravel and a big helping of cement.

Enough water needs to be added so that you can just about work enough water to the surface.

If you have a polyfloat you can work the mix and bring the fat to the surface. This can then be left whilst you have a cup of tea, a kit kat and a sandwich then trowel the surface smooth if the surrounding concrete requires.

Otherwise leave it rough floated.

Just 4 centimetres deep? I'd just use 1 part cement, three part sharp sand and a 50/50 mix of water and SBR to mix it with. Sets like concrete. :mrgreen:

Sponsored Links
I'd use 50/50 of sharp sand and cement and 60/40 of water /unibond.

Or how about Isopon ( car body filler) mixed with wholebran fibre? :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back