drivers for internet connection

S

Susiejb

Hi can anyone help me with this....

I think I need to update the drivers for my laptop internet connection.....it constantly disconnects and is really annoying....I don't think its a router problem as we have another laptop and that is fine....it doesn't appear to be an ip address conflict.
I keep having to do a 'repair' and it says 'problem with wireless adapter or access point fixed' but then a short time later its gone again.

How do I find out which wireless adapter is in my laptop so that I can search for driver updates.

Hope that makes sense and that someone can help.

Thank you.

Sponsored Links
What are you running Susie xp or vista.

In vista click on the start button and in the search tab type in device manager and enter this will take you to the device menu,scroll down until you find network adapters click on the little + button and your adapter should be shown double click on this and along the top it will show you your drivers for the adapter.

What are you running Susie xp or vista.

In vista click on the start button and in the search tab type in device manager and enter this will take you to the device menu,scroll down until you find network adapters click on the little + button and your adapter should be shown double click on this and along the top it will show you your drivers for the adapter.

Hi enyam....no I am running XP.....

Ok,for xp on you desk top right click on my computer and click properties ,then under the system properties click the hardware tab then the device manager and then down to network adapters.

Sponsored Links
Ok,for xp on you desk top right click on my computer and click properties ,then under the system properties click the hardware tab then the device manager and then down to network adapters.

thank you...I did that and I have an Atheros AR9285 Wireless Network Adapter.
the option to update drivers is not highlighted so I have looked on the net ...is it safe just to go to any download site and update from there...I don't want to pick up any rubbish.

Has it always done this, or has it just started doing it?

thank you...I did that and I have an Atheros AR9285 Wireless Network Adapter.
the option to update drivers is not highlighted so I have looked on the net ...is it safe just to go to any download site and update from there...I don't want to pick up any rubbish.

I would be more inclined to go to the Atheros web site.

Has it always done this, or has it just started doing it?

it is quite recent for it to be this bad....I did drop it :eek:
did I maybe do something :confused:

I would still like to try the update in the hope that I haven't damaged it.....

It sounds more like a hardware fault TBH :(

Thank you Eddie.....that was a thought at the back of my mind, but I was really hoping I could fix it...
Enyam I have looked for an Atheros site to update drivers, but it seems to be an unofficial site....I did click on download drivers but then it sends me to a download site that looks a bit dodgy...I don't want to get a virus.
Is there a safe way or a safe site.....

Thank you both I really appreciate your help....
Eddie...I couldn't get that link to work :(
Enyam ...I followed the link and it looked good....found the faults then asked me for 29.99 which I don't mind paying if it does the job :confused:

Perhaps I should keep searching for a free update !

Sponsored Links
Back