drivers for internet connection

Sponsored Links
Hi Igorian .... well it has always been a bit dodgy...maybe disconnecting a couple of times in a evening.....but just lately it is literally every ten or fifteen mins. which is very frustrating.

Enyam...yes it downloads fine, then runs the scan....but when you go to last step....repair...then it asks for payment.
I did manage to find the drivers on my hard drive and checked them and it said that they are up to date.....which leads me to think it may be something in the actual laptop that isn't working right....but I don't know if that is easy to repair or not.

Enyam...yes it downloads fine, then runs the scan....but when you go to last step....repair...then it asks for payment.

I'm with you now.You say it drops the connection most nights how far from the modem are you.

Sponsored Links
well the modem is in the kitchen I am in the lounge, so not far....the thing is this is a relatively new problem....could it be the router....I tend to think not as the other laptop seems fine....have just switched on the ipad and will see if that disconnects.
Thank you for taking the time to help by the way much appreciated.

Don't take this as a dig, but you say this
Susiejb said:
well it has always been a bit dodgy.
and then you say this
Susiejb said:
the thing is this is a relatively new problem

It would help if you could be more accurate as we don't know the history and can't see what you can see.

What laptop is it for example? Has it ever been stable?

Susiejb said:
and then you say this
Susiejb said:

It would help if you could be more accurate as we don't know the history and can't see what you can see.

That's fine...point taken.....I have had a problem in the past, maybe having to reconnect once or twice in an evening ...but all the time and not every night, so that didn't really bother me.
Today I have had to reconnect every 15 mins or so....and that is the worst it has ever been.....I did drop it just before Christmas....and yes it has been progressively worse since then.
It is an Asus Notebook model Eee PC running windows 7.
Does that sound better :)

Susiejb said:
and then you say this
Susiejb said:

That's fine...point taken.....I have had a problem in the past, maybe having to reconnect once or twice in an evening ...but not all the time and not every night, so that didn't really bother me.
Today I have had to reconnect every 15 mins or so....and that is the worst it has ever been.....I did drop it just before Christmas....and yes it has been progressively worse since then.

Susiejb said:

No, confusing. Earlier, when Enyam asked, you said:

Susiejb said:
Hi enyam....no I am running XP.....

Which Eee is it? This is just the range, but there will be a model number on it somewhere. It might sound like i'm being awkward, but all this information is important.

Susiejb said:

No, confusing. Earlier, when Enyam asked, you said:

Susiejb said:
Hi enyam....no I am running XP.....

Which Eee is it? This is just the range, but there will be a model number on it somewhere. It might sound like i'm being awkward, but all this information is important.

Soreeeee I really thought it was XP....and no I don't think you are being awkward for one minute....I am sure I am being really frustrating in my apparent lack of knowledge.

It says on the base 1005 HAG/1005 HGO
Wireless module :IZ wave AW NE785H

is that the information that you need.

You will find drivers for your laptop here.

From the information at hand, it will be difficult to diagnose. The fact that it has been dropped obviously doesn't help. It could be a simple case of a component being dislodged and giving an intermittent connection. If it was working before, a driver issue is less likely to be the cause. There is a UK support number on the site, so it might be worth a punt to see if there are any known issues. An hours workshop time may also prove to be useful if it's within your budget.

Thank you...that info is really very much appreciated...I will give it a try and as you say if that doesn't fix it I will get it looked at.

susie.

how old is this laptop compared with the other (working properly one)
I had a similar problem with my wifes when we switched to virgin, managed to fix it (after a year or trying) by forcing the wi-fi to slow down and changing to WPA (rather than the WPA/WPA2 option) on the router, fingers crossed thia has fixed it.

Hi Susie

Cant really add much on the driver front as you seem to have now got the official drivers from the ASUS website.

Is it possible to try taking your laptop to a friends house and use their WiFi and see if you have the same issue? If you have other WiFi enabled devices in your house and they all work fine with your router I wouldn't think it would be that. Also you say it has got progressively worse but has always had some sort of issue connecting to the WiFi network at home. Maybe you could try changing the WiFi security settings on your router, your laptops WiFi card may not support the chosen security settings (this has happened to me in the past).

Sponsored Links
Back