unable to access internet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi i have a laptop which although boots fine and is connected to the internet via wireless connection, will not log on to any page.The laptop is an Acer 6935 and i have tried to reset back to factory settings but the Alt F10 doesn't work.Any windows troubleshooting access is also denied.I think the problem may be do to me downloading comodo internet security 2013 as these problems have accured after this.I've tried to remove the programme but it just gets stuck half way through.Any help would be great.john

Sponsored Links
If you are using a version of windows, have you tried System Restore?

do you have the system installation disks?

It's not W8, is it?

Check for kinks in the cable, i was using the hosepipe the other day when the water stopped, after following the pipe back i found a kink, once straightened the water flowed and was fine after that

Re-start the PC in Safe Mode (hit F8 as it starts to boot). While in Safe Mode uninstall the internet security program you installed. If you are still unable to remove this (apparently) recalcitrant program, then a local IT professional may be able to assist, which would obviate the need to format the machine and reinstall Windows.

Sponsored Links
Disable all Comodo's options. Then System restore i supose. You can also check network interface card driver.

Could be lots of things.
1st thing would be to rule out a wireless problem on the laptop - are you able to connect your laptop directly to your router using a network cable?
Do other devices access the internet o.k e.g phone?

Do you have any other browsers on your laptop other than I assume internet explorer? e.g chrome / firefox and do they work?

What Operating system are you using e.g windows xp / w7 / win 8 and what browser and version e.g i.e 8 / 9 / 10

If IE have you tried resetting the browser? > Internet options > Advanced tab > Reset

Back