Driveway gates across non parallel walls

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I am in the process of purchasing a couple of 5 bar gates that I want to hang across my drive to keep the dogs in as we have a main road outside. The problem is that the walls are not parallel to each other. I think gates have been hung in the past but the garden wall has been altered to make the drive wider. This has left the 2 corners facing each other. Has anyone experience of hanging gates across corners?

Attachments

• IMG_20220513_115231.jpg
    IMG_20220513_115231.jpg
    529.4 KB · Views: 67
Sponsored Links
It’s no big deal, you just need 2 posts set so the inner faces are parallel with each other.

then you need an angled bit timber to infill.

Sometimes the post has to be set a distance from one side, then infill with a bit of fence.

Hi
Thanks for the reply. The company have been suggesting corner hinges and asymmetrical gates to solve the problem

Sponsored Links
I would have thought the bigger problem would be the slope.
If you have a gate company involved then their proposals would be build able, otherwise they won't get paid!
Just make sure you are happy with it and the gates don't end up swinging anywhere they shouldn't eg across the pavement.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back