Driveway lights

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm just having my driveway done and the contractor is ready to lay bricks tomorrow. I've got two quadrants for flower beds and I've got the guy to lay SWA cable from each quadrant into the house ready to be wired up. I've just driven the car onto the drive and realised that at night time, it may be difficult to reverse out and avoid the gate post. I'd wondered about drive lights before (the sunken ones) but thought they might look a bit too "flashy" and modern for my house, which is just a semi built in the 20s, mock tudor style.

Anyway, has anyone got an ideas as to what lighting I could use, and apart from Screwfix, can anyone suggest where I might find some drivelights similar to the ones Screwfix sells, ideally tomorrow, in Cheshire/Merseyside? If not, I'll have to go for the Screwfix ones and hopefully the contractor will be OK fitting them on Thursday if he doesn't finish tomorrow.

Two choices from Screwfix:

I take it this one can't be driven over:

http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/pro.jsp?ts=54805&id=72042

Or this one which probably can:

http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/pro.jsp?ts=54805&id=15498

Sponsored Links
Thanks! The stainless steel ones look great, but a bit too modern for my house I think. I'll check with the wife tomorrow though. :)

Sponsored Links
the first ones you mention, it doesnt say "drive over" it may not take the weight

the tlc ones ( i like them) are selv, so apart from the transformer you can wire the lights with any cable you like, but the transformer must be mounted in a suitable (weatherproof ) box

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back