Driveway weeds HELP

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a block paved driveway about 6 years old that has a thick concrete base underneath, i.e. not a cowboy job from builders with only a mobile number on the side of their pickup.
Anyway the problem i have is with weeds growing through it in between the blocks.
I have since had the drive jetwashed and re kiln sanded etc and the drive looked new again.
Weeks later the weeds are back.
I have used Weedol and i have used Roundup weed killer but cannot seem to get rid of them.
Just to make it worse we have no grass etc anywhere near our drive.

Any ideas what I can use or do on the drive to rid the weeds please.

Thankyou in advance

Sponsored Links
id the weed dude, there are some real pernicious ones out there.

a photo of the offending item and we'll probably name it.

sodium chlorate is back on the market as a liquid formulation - can't recall the product name, but i'm sure u can google it. it is not always suitable as run off can kill innocent plants etc.

Sponsored Links
I use a gas burner, the type used for bitumen roof sealing. Wait for a couple of good dry days and then hit them with the burner. It's still not permanent, but I don't like to use poisons around the house.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back