Drone Novice

Thought I'd have a go at Drone flying.
Have ordered , and am waiting for, a Quinux Drone 4k.
Has a good write-up, but I can't find any User Manuals online.
There will be one (I'm told) with the machine.
In the meantime I've raked out an Amazon Fire HD8 from my old gear.
Would it be possible to use this with the new drone.
Did you get one Yottie?

My son just gave me one - I think these are about £150 and according to mostvreviews are an excellent starter drone. It’s a Holy Stone HS110G. I’m quite liking it and it has a lot of features for a cheaper drone. See the review:

The reviewer also recommends to get a really cheap indoors toy drone to get used to flying. The one he recommends is around £25 on Amazon. I think I might get one of those too. This one:

IMG_5363.jpeg

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Can't you even think of ten? No wonder you have a drone.
It was you that claimed to think of a hundred better ways to have fun and asked me whether I had tried any of them. How would I know unless you named them? I just asked you to name some because I can’t for the life of me recall you ever posting anything about you having fun. I suppose posting in threads you have no interest in must come pretty high on your list of fun things to do.

Last edited:
To answer a previous question about the rules, if it is a sub 250 gram drone then there are very few rules because of their small size and being less likely to cause harm.

The photography auditors on Youtube use them all the time and in conjunction with the "drone assist" app (which identifies where you can/cannot fly based on your location) you can fly them in many places.
Although check your local council website too, Rossendale for instance has a ban on them being flown in the public parks - other places may do the same. (not that anyone follows this rule).

I'd love a good drone for circa £50, the ability to take some clear video of my roof after storms is well worth the cost, the extra fun and ability to document local things going on is just an extra fun benefit.
Although the last time I tried anything like this, it was an RC helicopter that I crashed within 5 minutes.

I've crashed a real helicopter. Total write-off. That was fun..... Owner's reaction "no worries". You get one guess for which country it was.

To answer a previous question about the rules, if it is a sub 250 gram drone then there are very few rules because of their small size and being less likely to cause harm.
We're off to Menorca this week and I thought I’d take my drone to get some nice pictures. Mrs Mottie said I should check first, I told her no need as it’s a sub 250 one but I looked anyway. Glad I did apparently you need a 'pilots' licence and something else if it’s got a camera. Oh, and you can’t fly it above 10m or near beaches. I think. Depends on what site you look on. All too confusing so I won’t bother.

- Hi all. I am newbie. Glad to be here. Have a nice day everyone!)
Why are you here - Im sure there’s many other sites you can talk about drones and movies. Why a U.K. based diy site?

Sponsored Links
Back