Droning noise in central heating boiler

Sponsored Links
What Dan means is that whilst you can ask then he is not going to tell you!

I thought that Joe was correct when he said it was the *** ********

But unless I had seen the boiler then I would not be convinced or even expect that would be the problem.

Mind you Biasi had a similar problem on the M110 and that needed a square 10 mm drill !

Sponsored Links
In my opinion the problem you have is a blocked up noisy hex, when you had your expansion vessel fit the system was drained dragging dirt into it, if you put noise reducer in your system the noise will go, or you could get it powerflushed,(the reason it is noisy when you run water is because it is running on a higher gas pressure)

I expect the droning noise is actually ALEC1 droning on and on about WC WCnonsense.

Can I ask what does those loads of stars mean? is it anything to do with how to own and use an FGA as here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSFiGA_34Os[/QUOTE]

How come the guy on the vid doing the talking has to talk very slow ?.
It's as if he is talking to Numpties .
Special attention should be drawn to the 'clock' reading-- especially when it nears 'knocking off time'. .

I used a better -more modern analyser for my Flueless gas fire. Especially as plumbers who did not have a basic one (K425) were very wary about things they have not done before .

I feel it's about time- GSI s branched out a little .
Gotta move with the times .

Ben i know EXACTLY what you mean when you say a FGA must be used to fix this "fan" issue, if it is the same ecomax that you and I are thinking of then there are about at most "5" people in this wonderfull site who know how to fix it! and even google will never help joe or easy123 learn the secret! ;)

it's a pitty they are all blowing excess air about this fan as the fan will always provide enough excess air itself, but only if you can interperet and use the correct tools, for wich a proper hardcore RGI is required!

I really am interested in this . What tools are we talking about ?
Best tools of all are a human ear and eye .
A trained engineer relies on such tools first.

Don't forget the Nose Peter, I can safely assume the presence of carbon monoxide well before any instruments can detect them, because Co is always associated with Co2, and other POC particals, such as carbon the sooty stuff, the distinctive smell of all fires, even car engine exhausts have a distinctive smell, yet it would also contain Co and co2, so if you smell these exhaust fumes or POC, then it is likely there is CO present there. simple logic, to date I have never been overcome by any Co.

Unless some lab technician collects CO in a cylinder and purifies it to the extent that all smells of other gasses with it are removed, perhaps only then you might not be able to detect it, as it is tasteless, odorless and colourless, but when it comes to boilers, or fires, you can always smell it as you can smell the other products f combustion, so if you had a spillage, then you would start smelling odd smell and this should tell you that you have a problem with your open flame fires etc etc.

Mike obviously has super powers!

Us lesser mortals, and even myself as a boiler god, do not have the sensors to detect CO or CO².

But I did see a wild life program that said that some insects do have sensors to detect CO² so that they can know when big animals are around!

Mike obviously has super powers!

Us lesser mortals, and even myself as a boiler god, do not have the sensors to detect CO or CO².

But I did see a wild life program that said that some insects do have sensors to detect CO² so that they can know when big animals are around!

Sorry Tony, I have corrected my posts, I was meant to say I could smell the other products of a fire such as carbon, the sooty stuff, you get all these smells and remember them as part of your life long experience, and you would know something is wrong if suddenly you start smelling POC in your house.

Its quite interesting:-

Beyond the nuisance factor, mosquitoes are animal public enemy number one to humankind, killing more people each year than any other species. Females mosquitoes are the culprits (males don’t even have the equipment to bite humans!), causing millions of mosquito-borne diseases every year with a disproportionately heavy effect on developing countries.

These femme fatales might actual be choosing “tastier” targets, which is why it seems like certain people are stuck with more of those pesky bites. The first scent that the mosquito identifies is CO2 (human breath), which it can detect as far as 50 feet away. Research suggests the unique combination of chemicals that make up an individual’s breath may play a role in repelling or attracting mosquitoes.

That would explain why high on the hillside overlooking Kandy outside an 1912 tea planter's house, my friends were getting bitten a lot more than I was!

Can I ask what does those loads of stars mean? is it anything to do with how to own and use an FGA as here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSFiGA_34Os[/QUOTE]

How come the guy on the vid doing the talking has to talk very slow ?.
It's as if he is talking to Numpties .
Special attention should be drawn to the 'clock' reading-- especially when it nears 'knocking off time'. .

I used a better -more modern analyser for my Flueless gas fire. Especially as plumbers who did not have a basic one (K425) were very wary about things they have not done before .

I feel it's about time- GSI s branched out a little .
Gotta move with the times .

More bulls**t, what else can you expect from an rsole. :rolleyes:

It is still of the night, snow ridden pavements, pin drop silence, it is night yet it is bright and white, even in this dark of the night, and as I am walking along the pavement to visit a friend's house, yes about 10 minutes ago, a car drives by slowly and pulls over in a gap and it is some sort of 4 wheel drive type, i didn't pay too much attention to the car, but exactly what it was, it looked smaller than a range rover, but i know range rover is taller, this one wasn't.

Any way, the bottom line is, as it drives past, and then pulls into a gap, to drop- someone, and leaves his engine idling, the smell of its exhaust was so obnoxious, you could tell straight away that this car is likely to not have passed its emissions test, it couldn't possibly have, as the smell was highly highly offensive, and needless to say this obnoxious smelling fumes, would not only contain enough co to kill a baby elephant but as well as it must be producing other offensive POC, including carbon particles! But you wouldn't know this Dan.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back