Dry Lining Garden Shed.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I hope to be moving into a rented property in about a month and there are three sheds in the garden.

Structurally they seem quite sound but as I want to store some camping equipment in one of them I want to dry line them internally. They are bog standard type garden sheds measuring 7' x 5' (2off), and one 10' x 8'

Not sure yet which one to use for my gear but my plan is to line the insides with either 6mm plywood or MDF boards. I want to take them from floor level up to where the roof slopes and also cover the insides of the roof in the same manner. Will I need to fit a moisture barrier of any kind and, if so, what should I use? Will I need to put any plastic ventilation covers in?

Sponsored Links
Are you insulating the cavity, is this particular shed heated in anyway.
Personally I would insulate, vapour check and use MR boards. You may not have to do all this but it covers the bases. I assume the landlord has been informed of your intent?

Thanks PBoD.
Shed won't be heated but I thought it would be wise to use a vapour barrier of some sort.

Have rented off this particular landlord before and he is more than happy to let me do what I want so long as there are no major structural changes to the house itself. As far as the garden and sheds go I have free rein.

Sponsored Links
Installing a vapour barrier will do no harm, as you are not heating the area, there is no need for any heat loss prevention (thermal insulation).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back