Dry ridge system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi… had a new roof on a semi detached about 3 years ago, breather membrane and dry ridge system, we decided to have loft conversion (doing it myself and through building control) 100mm celotex between rafters and 20mm over that with 50mm air gap between boards and membrane, when it’s been a stop start project but goin back a couple of months ago when we had a real cold spell I noticed there was some condensation on top side of cellotex , only on one side of the roof though, I’ve had 6 slate vents fitted around top of the roof and will be fitting soffit vents all way around house, I’ve been reading a lot about dry ridge systems and from wot I’ve been reading it’s says the membrane should be cut either side of the ridge in order for the system to ventilate properly?? (It hasn’t) is it just a case of slicing the membrane either side from inside the loft and if so should this be done down the hips aswel?? I no it may sound over kill , 6 vents, soffit vents, and slicing the membrane but just wana do it rite before it gets plasterboarded and skimmed . Any advice much appreciated

Sponsored Links
If it's a vented ridge system then the membrane should be cut, just at the ridge.

Hi, can I cut it from inside the loft? It’s a Semi detached hip roof, does it get cut down the hips aswel? Many thanks for reply

No problem, one cut from the inside. Ridge only, not hips.

Sponsored Links
Back