Dry Ridge Systems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had planned on traditional ridge and hip tile installation methods but the BCO has insisted on a dry verge system. As much as i don't normally like new modern systems, i can see the logic and benefit in them "in theory".

Have any of you had much experience in them and what is the best system to use. Its minor value in the entire roof element so i am after the best system rather than the most cost effective. Are they all the same?

Sponsored Links
bed, nail and clip .. Nothing he can say about it

ridge can be bedded too along with mechanical fixings

To be honest i dont necessarily have a problem with the dry verge systems, i have just not had any experience of them.

The BCO is generally sound and i am a firm believer of picking my battles and this one doesnt bother me. I know a lot of roofers dont like dry verges but have only ever heard good things about them from those who have used them.

What is the best system to go for if i do end up using the dry verge?

those they say they are great actually mean they are fast and easy... a few years down the road when they fade and discolour....

anyway, ill leave it to others to say what they feel/found
only ever heard good things about them from those who have used them
These guys will be the ones to ask

Sponsored Links
Ok so i have my terminology completely wrong here. Just to be clear i am not entertaining a dry VERGE system. They look cheap nasty and will only get worse with time.

I meant to say dry RIDGE and HIP system. As in there will be no mortar joints but the system on the hole is hidden by the half round tiles. The ventilation given by these systems seems impressive.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back