dry verge and ridge conversion

9 Nov 2010
Reaction score
United Kingdom
I need to replace the ridge tiles on a single story extension attached to the side of our house; it's in pretty poor condition, so thought is to replace the ridge tiles with a dry ridge system. I'm also going to replace the existing dry verge because it's currently held on wedged under tiles and siliconed to the ridge tile...

I have 3 questions:

1. are there any dry ridge/verge systems that would be best suited to conversion of a concrete one?
2. how would be best to tie the dry ridge into the exiting wall joint to the main house - still using flashing over the top of the dry verge waterproof layer?
3. the dry verge has been fitted really badly - no fixings to batons and there is no soffit on the wall - i don't think the battens are long enough. is it best just to add another length of batten above the existing one protruding the the right length or is there a better approach to use?
Sponsored Links
I've uploaded some photos if it helps at all...



DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links