Wet to Dry verge conversion

It looks like the verge has been badly replaced in the past

It also seems like too much of an overhang for a typical dry verge, and might need to be adapted (?). Normally, the plastic continuous verge or sections have to sit up against the wall or a barge board below the tiles. I am not sure if there is a system that allows for that much overhang.

Thanks, I think I've decided against the dry verge anyway as I don't like the look of the one nearby! So it looks like a rake out and re-point the verge and maybe the ridge plus at least bird mesh and maybe soffits/facias to upvc at least on the back (where the conservatory impedes access).

Sponsored Links
You really should have them rebedded not repointed. It looks like they've been repointed previously, and that's what happens after a few winters.

Also that undercloak needs to be over the gutter, it's too short as it is.

You really should have them rebedded not repointed. It looks like they've been repointed previously, and that's what happens after a few winters.

Also that undercloak needs to be over the gutter, it's too short as it is.
looks like the undercloak has fallen out on the rhs, hadn't noticed that thanks, will make sure I say rebed rather than re-point!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back