Dry screed on a suspended floor, minimum thickness

Reaction score
Country
Norway
Hi Gents, I'm building an oak frame house in Norway, we will be using a ground scource heat pump for UFH. I have a suspended floor (wooden joists) on the ground floor, and would like to have the benefit of the thermal mass of screed rather than aluminium plates, however the locals have never heard of dry screed. I plan to have either rockwool, or kingspan foam between the joists, then a 22mm board set onto the joists whilst we are building. Once ready to lay the solid wood flooring, I will set battens, pin the pec tubing and fill the space with dry 5:1 mix sand/cement, then nail the floorboards to the battens.
My question is, do I rally need 75mm of screed over the pipes? is there any way to cut this down?
Thanks for any suggestions/comments

Sponsored Links
I guess no-one else has heard of dry screed over a timber floor?

Cor!, you have just manged to get more potential point of failure then with any other flooring system. Why not use beam and block? I think its in its name, thermal mass. You can't get thermal mass without using mass. Water is a very cheap source for this, so use big radiators.
Frank

Sorry to say, block and beam is not available here, hence my choice of construction

Sponsored Links
The dry mix needn't be 75mm. 25mm 8:1 mix between battens is more common.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back