Dryer Vent (through wall, indoor Access only)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Afternoon all,

I was wondering whether anyone has come across this before and has any good ideas to overcome.

I want to vent a dryer to the outside. Have space against an external wall, but the exterior side of the wall is in a tight 'alleyway' without access. There's around 10" to 1' gap, and the vent would need to be located around 6' from the alley entrance.

Just wondering whether anyone has had any luck fitting an external vent with only access from the inside. I'm loathe to get one of those indoor vent box things.

Many thanks in advance.

Gary

Sponsored Links
Yes.
Rent a core drill and diamond core bit (110mm).
Buy a 100mm solid plastic "vent hose" from tool station or screwfix.

From inside use the core drill to drill the hole.
Angle it slightly down wards from inside (any condensation then runs outside.

Bricks should fill the drill bit so can be brought inside.

Once hole is made, slide plastic tube into hole though both layers of bricks. Cut it so it is flat to outside and flat to inside. Use some no more nails to sick it in place.

Drop some string though hole and down to ground. In your case put a hook on end of broom stick and get hold of string. Tie a vent to the string.

From inside pull vent to tube and slot vent into tube. Use some adhesive to attach in place. Cut off string.

You can also get some flat plates to hide damage on inside wall. And some adapters so flexi pipe slots into your new plastic tube.

Sfk

Last edited:
Following from above, I bought all the bits separately from here, "ducting 100mm"

https://www.screwfix.com/search?search=Ducting+100mm

But I now see this kit with a metal tube. For no real reason (perhaps less condensation, better air flow, reduced cold transfer easier to cut)I think I prefer the plastic tube. Not used this kit, but shows all the bits I got separately from previous link.

https://www.screwfix.com/p/manrose-tumble-dryer-termination-kit-100mm/11703

Might suggest you buy the kit and a plastic pipe. And not use the metal pipe.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back