Tumble dryer vent in garage

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

We`d like to get a tumble dryer for our garage and am looking at vented ones. The issue I have is that there is only one wall that I can put a vent on and that is about 6cm away from our neighbours garage wall so its impossible to get to from the exterior to fix a cover/flap, is that even necessary? Guessing its to prevent rain water getting in to the pipe,etc. or do I even need to vent to the outside, lots of gaps around the garage door. Could I just vent into the garage itself?

THanks

Sponsored Links
You could, but the hot moist air would condense on all of the cold surfaces so you will end up with a damp and mouldy garage and contents. A neighbour of mine used to have a cat flap in his garage door and then simply pushed the flexible hose out through that when the dryer was in use.

Last edited:
thanks, actually found on further inspection i can get onto the roof and put the vent just below the roofline and fit the outside cover in place.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back