1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Indesit Vented tumble dryer

Discussion in 'Appliances' started by Bonnie10, 9 Feb 2015.

1. Bonnie10

Bonnie10

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Hi
    I have just purchased a new vented tumble dryer which will be kept in my garage.
    I have been told that I don't have to cut a hole in the garage wall for the plastic tubing as there is plenty of ventilation in garage.
    Can anyone tell me if this is correct?
    TIA

2. delmel

delmel

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    wouldn't fancy it in an integral garage. But would never have purchased an Indesit anything.

Indesit (part of the Hot point, Creda group) - Not my cup of tea these days.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Sponsored Links
  4. Bonnie10

Bonnie10

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    It's not an integral garage.

5. yardie

yardie

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Wherever you put it, if its not externally vented it will get damp/condensation in the room/shed/garage.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Sponsored Links
  7. jj4091

jj4091

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    I think someone has probably been insinuating that if you leave if by an open garage door then it will be able to vent the steam to outside. But as Yardie says in any enclosed area you will need a proper vent system. Having said that you can get condensing tanks that fit on the end of the vent pipe. Though I am not sure I would recommend them for a kitchen they may be ok in a garage.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. DIYnot Local

DIYnot Local

United Kingdom

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local