dryfix

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi has anyone used the product from everbuild called dryfix, I am very interested in buying this product to put plasterboard on lightweight block wall but would like to know firstly is it any good how simple is it to use and finally how close can the board get to the wall
thanks col

Sponsored Links
Never used it , but go to the Everbuild Dryfix website and watch the video.

Roughcaster.

as far as i am concerned, the jury is out.

we are currently plastering an extension.

part float and set and part dabbed.

one wall had a lot of services fixed down it , some as much as 17mm proud.

there is no way on this earth that the dryfix foam would have coped nearly as well as dry wall adhesive.

'tis only good for perfectly plumb walls with zero obstacles.

Ive just used some Dow "Insta-Stik" which is similar.

It went on well, the boards are very close to the wall <5mm gap mainly but some parts were about 20mm to get the board plumb, it set and was skimmed within an hour

Use a water spray/mister to dampen the wall and board for faster setting

I can't see why it would not do the same job as normal board adhesive for deeper cavity - as long as the board is supported for a couple of minutes while it sets

Sponsored Links
i can't imagine it being as versatile as drywall adhesive.

at least with dab you can mix it thicker if you wish and apply it to the wall with varying degrees of thickness and spot intensity.

the foam instructions are over-simplified, and have not took into account a very "busy" wall.

the fact that you have to hold the board in place coupled with a 5 minute delay in applying the board (post squirt), leaves me a lot less than convinced.

i would imagine having to use a large build-up of foam renders it even less predictable.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back