aquapanel and foam adhesive

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a shower enclosure that I plan to board with AquaPanel. The walls are brick and i dont have space to batten it out. Is there anything wrong with using a foam adhesive like DRYFIX or similar? I've used it for normal plasterboard but these sheets are 1220x800n and weigh in at 11kg a go so wanted to check if it was stupid to think you could put these up with foam?
Thanks.

Sponsored Links
I am a big fan of DRYFIX, but screwed Hardiebacker to the walls. Once tiled, too heavy for stick foam.

when you say screw to the wall, am i right in saying that I can just use plugs and screws onto the masonry? I dont have space for battening out unfortunately and the wall is a bit wobbly so was hoping that foam would do the trick. Or foam with a couple of fixings just to keep it in place?

Sponsored Links
That's what I did, yes. Product usually says how many to use for each board.

Video here:

he uses glue to hold in place before screwing.

In another bathroom I used SDS boards from Wickes, which are lighter and much easier to handle, cut etc. and installed these with tilebacker washers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back