Drying time

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm soon going to be completely replacing my kitchen - everything coming out, all the tiles hacked off, ceiling replaced and walls re-plastered. Until I've got the room stripped I won't know what state the walls will be in, or what degree of "re-plastering" will be needed.

I'm not going to be doing it myself, and I will ask the plasterer at the time, but so I can plan roughly how long I'll be the local takeaways' best friend, assuming it happens in the next few months, i.e. not summer, what sort of time should I expect to leave it before I can start painting, tiling (possibly :confused: ), installing kitchen units etc?

Sponsored Links
If it's onto plasterboard, and you have a "little" background heat, probably 3 or 4 days if that,, but if it involves plastering/patching onto bricks/blocks, because it's deeper it'll take a lot longer, maybe twice as long. You'll soon see when it has dried out because the plaster will turn a pale pink colour. It's always better to let it dry out slowly, rather than try to speed it up with too much heat.

Roughcaster.

You can't beat brick and block BAS. No problem fixing anything, anywhere, drying time is the only drawback, but if you can leave the windows and doors open for as long as poss', the wind and draught will dry it in no time.

Roughcaster.

Sponsored Links
Oh I know it's a better construction method.

Oh well - allowing for removing the old, doing the wiring, getting the plastering done, waiting for it to dry, decorating and installing the new, that'll be 2 weeks of curries and chinese....
toxic.gif

Never mind Bud,, it'll be worth it in the end. Think of all the lovely meals you'll be having in your "brand new kitchen". ;)

Roughcaster.

Oh I know it's a better construction method.

Oh well - allowing for removing the old, doing the wiring, getting the plastering done, waiting for it to dry, decorating and installing the new, that'll be 2 weeks of curries and chinese....
toxic.gif

also make sure you get someone who is qualified,obsessed even infatuated with electrics........ ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back