drywall plasterboard door and window reveals bead

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What bead do i use to finish the pb where it meets the upvc window frame?

Is there a special beading? if so how does it attach?

Seen normal stop beads but not sure if this is the right item?

Sponsored Links
you could use a stop bead, I just skim up to the window and then wet brush down the frame to clean the major skags of plaster off, the light thin residue will wipe off easily with a damp cloth when it dries.

Sponsored Links
You could use that one but you have to slot it over the edge of the PB before you dab it in place; I think the one that's being referred to here is a "thin coat plaster stop bead"
http://www.british-gypsum.com/produ...tle_beads/thistle_thin_coat_plaster_stop.aspx
It's cheaper, does the same thing but is fixed to the front of the PB; run a line of caulk down it though as it tends to crack & fall out along the radiused edge against the frame. There is a school of thought that says you should not use metal beads against the frame as this area is prone to higher moisture which can lead to the bead actually rusting after a few years.

I know, I know; even I get confused sometimes :confused: :LOL:

a "thin coat plaster stop bead"
http://www.british-gypsum.com/produ...tle_beads/thistle_thin_coat_plaster_stop.aspx
It's cheaper, does the same thing but is fixed to the front of the PB

These are easier to get a nice straight edge down your window. Have tried not using them, but I found my edges were a bit 'wavy' when only using the corner bead to line to.
Once you have the bead on both sides it is a doddle to run a single coat uniformly in the reveal.
Agree with Rich C's comments too and should be considered.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back