DT90E as replacement thermostat???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi - Can I replace Honeywell T6360B thermostat with Honeywell DT90E? How do I wire it? T6360B is wired as follows:

earth - uncovered wire
2 - grey
3 - black
4 - no wire
1 - brown

DT90E has A, B and C only.

What goes where? what do I do with spare wires?

Or is this a no no?

Thank you!

Sponsored Links
Hi - Can I replace Honeywell T6360B thermostat with Honeywell DT90E? How do I wire it? T6360B is wired as follows:

earth - uncovered wire
2 - grey
3 - black
4 - no wire
1 - brown

DT90E has A, B and C only.

What goes where? what do I do with spare wires?

Or is this a no no?

Thank you!

The brown on [1] is live. This goes to [A]

The black on [3] is switched live. This goes to It becomes live when heating is needed, it should be sleeved with a brown sleeve.

The grey on [2] is Neutral. It is not needed in the DT90E so must be put into a piece of terminal block. Do NOT connect it to anything on the DT90E
http://www.honeywelluk.com/products/Temperature-Controls/Temperature-TPI-Control/DT90E/

Hi bernardgreen and thanks.

What do I do with the bare wire that is in the earth marked on in the old thermostat?

Can I just ensure the grey (neutral) is blocked out of the way so it doesn't touch anything?

Cheers.

the bare wire needs to be sleeved in G/Y go into the terminal marked with the following symbol

earth.gif
If there isn't one on the PCB/box it can go into a connector block

Do not just tuck away either of these wires, as if the Neutral + Earth touch your RCD will trip, and if you short Live - Neutral you will likely blow your thermostat up

Sponsored Links
What do I do with the bare wire that is in the earth marked on in the old thermostat?
If there is no similar place in the new one, sleeve it with green and yellow and terminate in a connector block and place safely out of the way.
Do not cut it. It may be needed in the future.

Can I just ensure the grey (neutral) is blocked out of the way so it doesn't touch anything?
Yes, connector block and place safely out of the way.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back