Dual Aspect electric fire

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone know if there is a 'dual aspect' electric fire on the market? Do they exist?

We are planning to knock down walls and create a large open plan area with seating at both ends.

We had planned on a dual aspect woodburner but they are so complicated and expensive - so we need a fire which can be situated in the centre of the room and be seen( and felt) from front and back.
We have no gas in our area.

Many thanks in anticipation of any help.

Sponsored Links
Sorry I cannot recommend an electric fire that fits your requirements, but I can tell you that if you found such a thing the running costs would be horrendous. To heat a large open space with radiant electric heating would be, I would think, prohibitive. You would be far better making an initial investment in a woodburner that you seem to have already considered, that can also supply hot water for your home & radiators if necassary even if it is more difficult & expensive.

Thanks JJ - there would already be heating in the form of existing radiators - we just wanted a focal point for a very large room and with some fires you can use just the 'glow' mode.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back