Dual flush button removal

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to remove the flush buttons (unknown flush brand) from the lid of my toilet cistern but I'm not sure how to detach the blue section from the threaded shank B. It doesn't simply unscrew or pull off with moderate force.
Flush1.jpg

Flush2.jpg

There is no release catch at either end C or D, but it looks as though there's a tab at A which should be pushed to the left. Can anyone who recognises the fitting confirm that? I'm reluctant to apply much force to it to experiment. There is no similar tab the other side at E.

Sponsored Links
It looks like the only moveable part is at your label A. Try gripping that tab with pliers and easing it out (towards the camera in the first photo).
After that the blue part should be easily pulled clear, leaving just the white nylon nut to be removed before the button assembly can be removed.

I've not seen that type before either.

Thanks for the reply. Don't think the tab will shift enough towards the camera, but I'll give it a try. So, one hand to take the weight of the cistern lid, one to hold the pliers, one to pull on the blue part. Looks like SWBO will have to lend a hand :D.
Don't you just hate things that seem designed to prevent maintenance? :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
How? I don't want to break it.

Last edited:
Thanks. I guessed that would be the way, but wanted confirmation. Old(?) plastic is unforgiving.:D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back