Dual Fuel cooker connection query

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Help please- other half has just bought new cooker to replace previous dual fuel cooker. This new one is a baumatic BT2365SS- gas hob, electric fan oven. In the shop, we were told it could be fitted direct to a 13amp socket as was our previous cooker ( A SMEG) as we do not have a cooker socket. Now its arived, the manual says it must be hard wired yet the cooker comes with a 13amp plug connected to it... Any suggestions?

Sponsored Links
If it is a dual-fuel, and comes with a 13A plug, then plug it in, and I bet you £5 it will work fine.

A single electric oven usually takes about 10Amps.

If you read through the manual or look at the makers plate on the back, you will probably find it says about 10A or about 2500 Watts or about 2.5 kW. Look here http://www.baumatic.co.uk/products/catalogue/cookers/BT2365SS

The hard wiring would be required in those other countries where the natives do not have the benefit of our wonderful Ring Circuit and Fused Plug inventions.

JohnD said:
If it is a dual-fuel, and comes with a 13A plug, then plug it in, and I bet you £5 it will work fine.

A single electric oven usually takes about 10Amps.

If you read through the manual or look at the makers plate on the back, you will probably find it says about 10A or about 2500 Watts or about 2.5 kW. Look here http://www.baumatic.co.uk/products/catalogue/cookers/BT2365SS

The hard wiring would be required in those other countries where the natives do not have the benefit of our wonderful Ring Circuit and Fused Plug inventions.

You're wonderful, thanks for reassuring me- I wondered if the manual was aimed at other countries.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back