Dual purpose Water Heater

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am drawing up plans to modify my bungalow and intend to move the existing boiler to a new location and use it to provide the central heating, plus hot water for the bathroom requirements.
My aim is to install a water heater for the kitchen, independent of the central heating system. However ideally I would like that to also satisfy the intermediate heating requirements for a new conservatory I intend to have built.
Having given this plan more thought I suspect that the water heater can only be activitated by reduced water pressure when the hot water tap is turned on, whereas it would have to be activated by a response to a temperature drop to satisfy the heating requirements.
I was considering a Britony II.T Gas Water Heater or similar. Is there any other type of heater that might satisfy my requirements :?:

Sponsored Links
Certainly not a wind up.

As I already have a 'young' boiler I have no wish to replace it but was hoping to achieve a minor increase (at selected times) in heating output to cater for the conservatory.

Sponsored Links
As far as I can make out you're wanting an independent source of heating and hot water.

= a combi boiler.

If your existing boiler does hot have a high enough heat output, would it not be better to change it for one that does, rather than go to the complication of having two boilers?

Perhaps an electric heater for the conservatory may be more suitable?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back