Dual stat and 2 port valve on Y-plan system

dbm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a new unvented cylinder installed and have just reviewed the work of the installer. It appears that electrics to the 2 port valve driven by the high limit side of the dual cylinder stat has not been connected and hence the 2-port valve will always remain in an open position.

Is my installation dangerous without this addition 2 port valve operational?

The rest of the system works.

Many Thanks for any help!!

Sponsored Links
If you are sure it is wired like this, then yes, there is a potential danger, as the valve is not going to shut thereby removing the source of heat in the event of a boiler/control malfunction.

This should have been fitted by a G3 qualified installer, to the wiring diagrams supplied in the MI's and notified to building control.

Thanks Gas4 just confirms my suspicions.

Found out now the installer only Corgi qualified and not G3. Is there a register of G3 qualified plumbers anywhere? I'm based in the North West and now need to find someone to correct this.

Anyone know a qualified G3 working the NW ?

Cheers.

Sponsored Links
email me your postcode and i will try and find you a number or two or just post the first 4 digits here and i will try to help

kev

try these!

Gascare Heating WA8 4YN 0151 257 7913 Corgi 32312
McWean Heating L35 OQX 0151 430 0580 Corgi 6313
Plannet Plumbing WA8 8LZ 0151 425 3535 Corgi 6277

All hold the tickets for electrical and heating

hope this helps

kev

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back