Ducting for Island Cooker Hood

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm refitting my kitchen and have just fitted a 2m rectangular 125mm duct to provide a new island cooker hood with an external extraction route - however having now looked at some hoods, many seem to require 150mm ducting?

For such a short run, does this matter and can I simply use a reducer from 150mm to 125mm? The only angle in the duct route is where it turns 90 degrees downwards from the ceiling for the hood itself.

Sponsored Links
Opinion on this matter seems to be divided, personally I can see no problem with using reducers as simple physics dictates that the only difference there can be is that the air flow speed rate is increased.

Sponsored Links
Opinion on this matter seems to be divided, personally I can see no problem with using reducers as simple physics dictates that the only difference there can be is that the air flow speed rate is increased.

I totally agree - ok I'll press on :D Thanks for the help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back