Dulux Acryclic Eggshell - good with water in bathroom?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm about to paint a bathroom that has plaster walls - it's not fresh, I've removed lining paper, glue and sanded down quite thoroughly.

Having read stuff on here, I'm thinking that I'll avoid specific bathroom paints and go for Dulux acrylic eggshell. I want to get a little cream in the colour so it's not a stark white.

My query is that there is not much head height above the shower (and I'm tall) so I'd expect the ceiling above the shower to be getting a fair amount of water on it at times.

Will acrylic eggshell still suit? Or will it perish with the water?

ps I'm planning on undercoating with 1/2 coats of Dulux trade supermatt (thinned). I'm not married to this stuff but we've still got some in the house from the previous job.

pps anything else anyone would advise before putting on undercoat?

Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
I don't see the problem with bathroom paint. It simply contains a much greater amount of acrylic which makes it much more waterproof. Just thin it down and it's as good as any other paint IMO.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back