DULUX KNOTTING SOLUTION STAINING PAINT

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A WHILE AGO I PAINTED SOME NEW PINE DOOR FRAMES WITH THE DULUX KNOTTING SOLUTION AND THEN USED AN UNDERCOAT THEN PAINTED OVER IT WITH SATIN WOOD BUT NOW WHERE THE SOLUTION HAS BEEN PAINTED AND RUN THERE IS LIGHT BROWN STAINS STARTING TO COME THROUGH THE PAINT ,IS THERE ANY THAT WILL SORT THIS OUT ,I ASKED IN THE DULUX SHOP AND THEY DID NO KNOW

THANKS.

Sponsored Links
I've heard that aluminium primer works well but never tried it.

I use aluminium primer, it does work, and it seals knots without needing Knotting (can also cover scorched wood and most stains)

I wonder if it might be the pine resin bleeding through, rather than the knotting. Resin tends to bleed out when the wood gets warm. Can be scraped away and cleaned up with white spirit.

hi its not the pine resin bleeding through where i have painted the solution on and its run you can see the same shape showing through someone told me to paint over it with a oil based paint like gloss then paint over that with the satin wood don't know if it will work might try the aluminium primer unless there are any other ideas .

would a stain block do it ?

Sponsored Links
Dont bother trying oil based paint..it wont work..if it did you wouldnt need knotting in the first place.

Try styptic knotting...its clear/whire and you can put it over old paintwork too.

never seen it in DIY :cry: but saw a can in Brewers -independant trade/retail paint outlet...down South ;) Maybe it`ll come up on Google :idea:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back