1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Dulux Non Drip Gloss (Solvent)

Discussion in 'Decorating and Painting' started by Graham M Turner, 6 Apr 2020.

1. Graham M Turner

Graham M Turner

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Looking for an expert again. Just about to buy the above paint. I wish to apply it over some doors, frames and skirting boards, which have previously been painted with Dulux Quick Dry Gloss (Water Based). My question is what sort of preparation should I undertake on the wood painted with the Water Based paint.
    Any help/guidance will be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks

Graham Turner

2. Sponsored Links
  3. OchAye

OchAye

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Expert I am not.

Sand to create a key, clean, apply solvent based undercoat, apply your solvent gloss. Beware that white and some other colours of solvent based paints when used in low light areas (indoors) yellow quickly. Arguably gloss finish yellows quicker than other finishes.

4. Graham M Turner

Graham M Turner

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    OchAye. Thanks for coming back with your advice. Now gardening is done will crack on with painting and will follow your info to the letter. Many thanks. Graham Turner

5. DIYnot Local

DIYnot Local

United Kingdom

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local