Dulux Trade Weathershield All Seasons Smooth Masonry - Yellow Patches?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys, I've recently painted my garage using a Dulux Weathershield. I've just noticed some yellowing and can only assume that the render below hadn't fully dried?

My question is will I be able to paint over this again or will the staining come through?

Many thanks.

IMG_2994.JPG
IMG_3955.JPG

Sponsored Links
It may well do, you could try some white oil-based undercoat on the affected areas first, then the masonry paint.

The cutting in round the steps is a bit rubbish, any plans to tidy this up?

Hi there, I’m pretty sure that this is an oil based paint so trust it will cover okay?

The stairs aren’t finished yet, not sure what to do with them yet. Maybe tile or epoxy.

Sponsored Links
Sure will check in the morning. Pretty sure it is as I live in a costal location and was advised to use an oil based.

Will it cover any staining if oil based?

The All Season paint is a solvent based paint. I had assumed that it contains Pliolite® Acrylated Rubber resins but they aren't mentioned in the marketing materials.

I am surprised that the stains have bled through but as you say the surface might not have been dry. I would expect another coat will stop the stains but I have only used pliolite based paints once. You might want to phone Dulux 0333 222 70 70 ask for technical support.

Please post back to let us know what they recommend

Hi and thanks for that. I've just spoken to them now and they said that a further coat will hide any staining... ;)

Hi and thanks for that. I've just spoken to them now and they said that a further coat will hide any staining... ;)

That is generally the case with oil based paints and water based stains. Thanks for letting us know though.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back