DUOVAL

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
WHEN MY C/HEATING SYSTEM IS SWITCHED ON TO HOT WATER ONLY IT ALSO
NOW HEATS THE RADS ONLY. The unit called a duoval also makes clicking noise which means I suppose its sticking and not shutting off the rads when not wanted. How easy is it to replace the DUOVAL if thats what is needed,

Can anyone help please?

Sponsored Links
2 way valve's can (normally) be manually set, try moving it manually- that might unstick it and allow you to have a general service call out without the emergency rate / fee.

2 way valve's can (normally) be manually set, try moving it manually- that might unstick it and allow you to have a general service call out without the emergency rate / fee.

Apologies for my stupid question but do I just take the grey plastic cover off to do that?

Sponsored Links
The motor (actuator) has probably failed, this part can be replaced without requiring any plumbing. The actuator is the plastic box with the cable going in, usually grey, and should be easily removable by undoing 2 screws in the corners of the unit.

Once removed, you should see a metal lever/tab in the middle of the valve, this is what the motor turns to operate the valve.
If you can turn the lever with pliers fairly easily, you just need to get a new actuator.

If the lever is jammed, the whole thing will need replacement, which will require plumbing.

The motor (actuator) has probably failed, this part can be replaced without requiring any plumbing. The actuator is the plastic box with the cable going in, usually grey, and should be easily removable by undoing 2 screws in the corners of the unit.

Once removed, you should see a metal lever/tab in the middle of the valve, this is what the motor turns to operate the valve.
If you can turn the lever with pliers fairly easily, you just need to get a new actuator.

If the lever is jammed, the whole thing will need replacement, which will require plumbing.

Flameport
Many thanks, too late now after a couple of nice vinos but will be on to it in the morning
Thanks Again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back