Durgo Valves (Air Admittance Valves)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I'm new on here so be nice to me for a day or two at least :LOL:

I've browsed through the info on here and othe sites about AAVs for domestic soil/vent stacks. Apart from the debate about whether or not people like them there is contradicting info about where you can put them in relation to the 'highest flood point' which I believe to be the hand basin in most normal first floor bathrooms. Most info says it should be higher but today I spoke to a very nice man, a very very nice man, at Marley tech support who told me that 'A1 Rated' valves can be installed below the flood level. In effect this means they can be used beneath the work top of fitted bathroom units around 700mm from the floor and put straight into the existing stack cut down to that level. Magic! There are a number of manufacturers that make the A1 Rated valves, even some well known trade/public centers sell their own brand A1 Rated valves. The B Rated valves are still for use above the highest flood level but even here I couldn't find a clear definition of how high above they need to be.

I hope that this is accurate info (I'm sure someone will tell me if not!) and that it helps all those people that might ask about removing internal stacks or re-routing or reducing the diameter of them as I was just about to do.

One caveat to all this is that the number of houses serviced by a sewer line may mean that venting to atmosphere is still required. Maybe one of the experts can clear up this point for me?

Sponsored Links
yes your correct A1 can be used below flood level, B1 above flood level.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back