Dust-proofing loft

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
54CB5246-0B2F-48EB-8B0B-C0A88F2C52BE.jpeg BF2B2AC5-C515-4FCD-8835-D4BED51DD5C8.jpeg 5251DC4C-950C-4D8B-B859-AB471E6B7DEF.jpeg Hello all...

I’d like to try and sort our loft out, as at the moment when we open the drop down hatch, we get showered in debris and dust which is, I assume, being created when the wind whips up. I appreciate a new roof would be the ideal and have felt laid under new tiles but if I’m honest we are hoping to move soon so really want to do things that aren’t going to cost us the earth but make a difference... most notably here, not showering us in muck when we drop the hatch. I’m going to board it out with boarding or floorboards but just wondered if anyone had any suggestions to lining the roof to stop the dust blowing around. I’ve attached some pictures to give you an idea what we’re working with. Thanks ever one in advance..

Sponsored Links
We did consider it, but the other factors to move are parking, (we’re a mid terrace with on street parking) schools and we have 3 girls, who we’re quickly running out of space to accommodate all of their stuff..

I am not a builder or roofer but something like tyvec breathable membrane stapled to the roof would help?

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your reply!! I’ve literally just been reading about something similar after googling what I wanted to do.. sounds like a plan..

Done the exact thing at my last house and this house .... it just stops everything getting covered in dust ....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back