Dusty concrete floor!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We've just had an extension built and need to wait for the concrete floor to dry out (probably going to use wood). We need to use the space ASAP as we've been cramped up for 6 months!

Is there anything I can apply to the concrete to seal it (to stop the dust) but that will also let it breath?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Get some floor primer from your local builders merchant. Try to get one that you can water down so it will seep into the base.

hi i just built a conservatory with solid concrete floor and had the same prob so i got an old carpet and put it down for about 6 weeks whilst all the concrete dried out if you seal it it will seal any damp in after 6 weeks i then used laminate with a barrier its super at least i could use it and the concrete was able to breath

Sponsored Links
hi i just built a conservatory with solid concrete floor and had the same prob so i got an old carpet and put it down for about 6 weeks whilst all the concrete dried out if you seal it it will seal any damp in after 6 weeks i then used laminate with a barrier its super at least i could use it and the concrete was able to breath

No it wont seal the moister in. Unless you are sealing with a epoxy or urethane, but then you are applying a surface dpm. And no it wont be dry in 6 weeks unless its only 1 inch thick. You should not of fitted any floor covering after 6 weeks.

Thanks for the responses - I will try the primer. The floor is built to current building regs, so about 100mm thick. I guess that means a 6 month wait, which is a shame.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back