DVD PLAYER

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all
Am looking for a DVD player that plays dvd+rw+r and dvd-rw-r as well as shop bought dvd's.
Also with the facility to transfer -and+ formats to a usb stick if poss to avoid this problem in the future.
Any suggestions ?

Sponsored Links
I haven't come across any main brand DVD players with the ability to transfer video files from disc to the USB port. There are DVD players that will allow CD audio tracks to be transferred to USB, but not video files. There were DVD recorders with the ability to archive to USB (usually an external HDD) but quite often those files were encrypted for playback on the same machine, so you couldn't just dump them on the a PC for example.

If you have a laptop/PC with a DVD ROM drive then you can (or should be able to) convert video files from recordable DVD disc in to files that could dropped on to a USB drive. It's the same basic process as ripping a CD except the software is a little different. I use MakeMKV when archiving my DVDs. There's also http://www.freemake.com/free_video_converter/

Did we help? If so, click on the Thanks button. It costs you nothing and is a good way to say thanks for the help.

Sponsored Links
Like lucid said not many if any DVD players would have been made allowing you to rip the DVD to USB then stick it on a computer for instance due to copyright, and if you could it would be an encrypted file. The best place to do this sort of thing is on a computer where there is an endless (nearly) list of software available allowing you to do it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back