Which DVD player??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I'm after some advise please... I'm trying to watch downloaded movies which I believe are in xvid/divx format on a DVD+rw but it won't work on my DVD player?? Has anybody any recommendations of DVD players that would play these also any DVD players that have a USB
That can play these movie files as well, thank you!!

Sponsored Links
You need to move with the times. Ditch the idea of buying a DVD player with USB playback. Get a media player. Play the movies direct off the PC or from a USB drive; either pen or a USB disk drive.

There's quite a few to choose from. I like the Android MX media players that come pre-loaded with a nice front end interface called XBMC. (You can download this for free and try it on your PC first).

Alternative boxes include Roku, WDTV (Western Digital TV), and the Now TV box. Each has its pro's and con's. I went Android MX because it covers the most bases with the least amount of hassle for a sensible amount of money (£70 when I bought a year ago, but under £50 now). It also has internet browser (Google Chrome) and a whole host of Android smartphone/tablet features built in.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back