DX6453 Zanussi wash light on but cycle does not continue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Had a problem with one of hoses from pump coming off Dishwasher causing flood yesterday. Replaced same with machine on it's side and washer worked for next 3 cycles. On 4th use normal cycle seemed to start emptying but then the wash light came on but no fill. Normal cycle light flashed every second and end light once every 5 seconds or so. Does anybody know what this means and is it something that I can attempt to recify myself? Don't know if this is significant but there was a polystyrene float switch device that did not seem to have a fixed location when I reattached hose.

Sponsored Links
Activated float switch will do that. Sounds like the pipe is leaking and has filled the base.

Since black hose re-attached no further leaks but when starting cycle nothing still happens when machine moves to wash. 5 program light flashes followed by one end persists. Tried disconnecting water supply and drain down but still no filling. Can valve be unlocked or should I take off hose that originally came off presumably due to back pressure internally somewhere to see if blockage visible?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back