Dyson DC04 question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Our Dyson DC04 is not as powerfull as i think it should be, filters are not too old and all the removable pipe bits are clear, and i have removed the beater tube and de-haired it so its clean.......however think the dust and crap that it picks up should be flying round inside the clear tank at some speed, whereas ours doesnt........any advice from you learned chaps on what the problem could be.....

Sponsored Links
No I havent it doesnt look to caked in crap to be honest, but ill give it a try whats the best way to wash it ?

There are actually 3 filters on these.....two are on the top of the dust drum (one blue foam, washable) and thats together with a white lint one.
The other filter is under a cover where the dust drum sits....the cover either clips off or if its an older machine there's one screw. This is another lint filter.
If these are ok, check the duct pipes to the wand (especially if you've picked up wet stuff - a big no no), there are 2 clip off curved pipes to help.
The other possibility is the pipe leading from the sole plate where the brush is....it either splits or comes off.
John :)

Sponsored Links
checked all of the ducts, motor filter isnt washable is it so thats as it is, all hoses clear......just washed the blue filter and the lint one, see how the goes when they are dry......Thanks for the advice chaps ;)

If you are still unhappy with the suction, book a service with Dyson, it is fixed price, so they replace everything that needs doing for the one price, we get our done every couple of years, well worth the money.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back