Dyson DC04 loss of suction

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I know this has been covered before, but other topics don't answer my question, so firstly, apologies for asking this again!

My Dyson DC04 (yellow/silver with brush control) is about6 years old, it's never had the filters changed, but has had them cleaned as and when required. My problem now is that the cleaner loses suction soon after the filters have been cleaned. It appears that the dirt is getting between the rubber seal in between the yellow cyclone and the filter housing, sucking dirt straight from the bin in to the filter.

Can anyone tell me why this is? Should there be a rubber ring there? (Other then the large 'O' style ring fitted in the cyclone. Can anyone provide me with a schematic showing the components in this area?

Any suggestions welcome!

Sponsored Links
Thank you for that, I've checked and it all appears to be intact, but it's still sucking dirt through in to the filter cage - there's chunks of dust and fluff stuck in the pre motor filter.

I've double checked that the cyclone is correctly fitted and it does appear to be.

Thanks

sometimes the seals can wear and not seal totaly so need to be replaced

Sponsored Links
I have checked and cannot find the top cyclone rubber seal for sale anywhere, is this only available as part of the cyclone assembly?

On another note, does anyone think that the Dyson service call for £69 is good value for money?

I've got a broken bin (cracks on the bottom)
Broken wand (where the crevice tool fits)
And this problem with the loss of suction

Dyson told me today that they would sort all this for £69 - which is cheaper than I can buy the replacement parts for!

I have checked and cannot find the top cyclone rubber seal for sale anywhere, is this only available as part of the cyclone assembly?

On another note, does anyone think that the Dyson service call for £69 is good value for money?

I've got a broken bin (cracks on the bottom)
Broken wand (where the crevice tool fits)
And this problem with the loss of suction

Dyson told me today that they would sort all this for £69 - which is cheaper than I can buy the replacement parts for!

Its a brilliant service, although you may need to wait a few days.....they'll even pop a motor in if necessary, and the filters are renewed too.
John :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back