Dyson DC07

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone help me with this one please. My Dyson has no suction, I have cleaned the brushes, which were clogged but there is still very little suction. I have checked all the pipes and replaced the filter. Does anyone have any ideas. Do I need to replace the brushes, these have not been replaced since I bought this a while ago. Many thanks. Sue

Sponsored Links
The DC07 has 2 filters, and the one below the dust drum is the one that people don't know about! Its below the plastic cover.
Also check the flexible corrugated pipe underneath, that connects the sole plate to the motor area - this often splits.
Does your cleaner have plenty of suction through the tools wand?
John :)

Hello
Yes there appears to be suction when using the tools, I can't feel the suction when actually hoovering carpet.

Sponsored Links
Hi, just a couple of things about the DC07.
The sole plate (that holds the revolving brushes) is a bit of a pain - it helps to give it a prod with your toe so that its lowered onto the carpet. When it gets on a bit, sometimes it makes a poor contact.
Next, if you turn the thing over, look for a clear plastic pipe thats flexible, which connects the sole plate to the plastic ducting surrounding the motor. This has a tendency to split or come adrift so you get limited suction in that area. This pipe is about 30mm in diameter.
If you have scooped anything up thats been wet, check the tube that leads up to the top of the dust drum for blockage.
Finally the filters - the two on the side, one sponge and one fabric, are easily cleaned. However, below the dust drum, under a plastic cover, there's another one. This cover may be secured by a small screw if its an old model, but more likely a screwdriver is used to pop it off.
Hope this helps you!
John :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back