E119 error baxi duo-tec 28 HE A

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone.

i have looked online and i cannot find any description of re-pressurising what my boiler looks like underneath! I have attached a picture and i am unsure what i need to do. I beleive i need to turn one or both of the blue taps but i am not sure how i can tell whether they are open or closed...

Thanks

Eddy

Attachments

• IMAG0693.jpg
    IMAG0693.jpg
    134.4 KB · Views: 4,564
Sponsored Links
They are both closed in your picture, turn them a quarter turn and put pressure up the the middle of the green section on the guage.

thanks very much - i guess they are closed as the are perpendicular to the pipes they are on?

if the pressure drops again - do you think i might have a leak somewhere? how do you find it if there is a leak???

thanks again

Eddy

Sponsored Links
It might have been air. Make sure you have inhibitor in your system. If it drops again check all the exposed pipework for leaks, also keep an eye on the copper pipe that exits the wall (the one on the right of your picture).

thanks again.

It has dropped again! we don't have the heating on but we are using the hot water tap - does this mean it is likely to be a leak on the hot water supply or could it still be anywhere??? what is the best way to try and locate the leak - just trawl everywhere for leaks?....

Thanks again
Eddy

Start with the obvious, rads, valves, under boiler etc. it could even be inside the boiler and evaporating before it shows. Usually compression fittings will leak before soldered joints. Use blue roll to wipe around things, it shows wet bits much better. Did you check the pipe outside ? P.S. It doesn't take much of a leak for it to show on a sealed system.

Thanks for all the replies, so i topped up the system and we haven't used the hot water or heating, the pressure guage is dropping and i have checked all the visible pipework at radiators and pipework above the ceiling and cannot find any leaks. It does not look as though there is any dripping from the pipe which leads outside either - i guess i need to call my installer back?

Are there any other checks i can do to determine whether it is within the boiler or somewhere on the pipework?

Thanks
Eddy

Re pressurise the boiler and turn off the two black valves underneath the boiler. Check back after a while and if the gauge has dropped it's a problem on the boiler. If it has remained steady, turn the black valves back on and recheck the gauge. If it drops right away then the problem is more likely to be on the system. This is not a comprehensive test, but it will be a start. I would add, don't use the boiler during the testing period.

Pete,

i have turned the black vavles after re-pressurising the system - will check back in a bit and see if it hs dropped again.

Eddy

so..., the pressure remained the same as when i topped it up. then i switched the black valves open again and the pressure immediately dropped about 0.5 of a bar and i heard gushing noises as though water was travelling somewhere! Does this mean i have to search for a leak along the pipes?.....i hope not!!!

Eddy

Last edited:
Yes it does. You have a leak somewhere on the system. Check every radiator valve by actually touching all around it with dry fingers (then rub together to feel for water). It's by far the most common place to leak, usually on the spindle part where it turns or on the pin of a thermostatic valve with the head removed.

It could be on pipes though, especially if you have any in concrete for example.

alright then! so i went round all of the radiators (again) to check all the pipe connections....i fiddled with a bleed valve on one of the radiators that i took off the wall a while ago. I loosened it, water hissed and came out so i closed it again. I then turned the TRV onto 5 - it had previously been on 0. Now the pressure seems to remain in the green area but if i override the heating to 'on' none of the rads actaully heat up! The boiler fires up and the temp figure goes up but none of the pipes from the bottom of the boiler get hot and non of the radiators heat up!!!! aaaarrrgggghhhh!!!!!!

Please can someone shed any light??

I think i have worked out the heating issue! the black valve to the far left is in the off position! i will turn it to oin and sdee what happens...

Thanks
Eddy

Silly Me! the rads are now heating up! i will check back in a bit and see if the pressure is still in the green...

Eddy

If you had a rad that was empty (the one you had off) and it wasn't vented and filled properly then that could've been the problem. You coud have been loosing the pressure to that rad (and air could've been trapped).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back