Early Recycling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Vaillant boiler has started to perform differently. It now starts to recycle early after a few minutes when flow temp is 40 or 50 degs. The recycling symbol flashes for 10-15 mins then the boiler fires up again until target flow temp achieved.

I called Vaillant out under warranty who fitted a new pcb and flow and return sensors. It went back to performing normally for a couple of weeks, but then started to recycle early again. My suspicions now have been diverted to a possible pump problem.

I noticed that a couple of rads near the boiler were not heating up to same temp as the rest so I turned the pump up from mid to highest setting. The cooler rads got hotter and the boiler stopped recycling early. The pump is quite noisy on highest setting and gets very hot so don't know whether to switch down again. Could the pump need a clean out or replacing.

Thanks in advance for comments and advice.

Cheers

Al

Sponsored Links
If it still isn't right then time for Vaillant again. The more you play with it the harder it will be for the Vaillant guys to rectify.

I noticed that a couple of rads near the boiler were not heating up to same temp as the rest so I turned the pump up from mid to highest setting. The cooler rads got hotter and the boiler stopped recycling early. The pump is quite noisy on highest setting and gets very hot so don't know whether to switch down again. Could the pump need a clean out or replacing.

What ever the cause, the symptoms suggest a poor flow, or a restriction somewhere. Your boiler is not able to get rid of the heat it is able to generate, quick enough.

Sponsored Links
Boiler coming up to 7 years old and warranty will expire in March. It has been serviced annually on the dot. It is currently working very efficiently with pump on highest setting, but concerned as noisy, very hot to the touch, and that it might seize up if clogged. Got my gas engineer coming out next week for my service. Will ask him to check pump. If I get Vaillant out again, and it's not the boiler, will get charged anyway.

Sounds obvious but you've checked to make sure the air vent isn't blocked?

Wouldn't know where to start to be honest. I need to keep releasing air out if my highest rad, and not sure if that points to anything.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back