Earth Bonding for shower pump?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi,

I've fitted a new shower pump as my old Mira one packed in. I've replaced it with a Stuart Turner Monsoon 3.0 bit have a question about the bonding. The four pipes were bonded together with earthing cable and this was then attached to a small earth screw on the bottom of the old Mira pump. However the new Stuart turner pump doesn't have this? The instruction manual just says that the four pipes should be bonded together and that in some circumstances equipotential bonding may be required - see p.13 section 4.15 to 4.28:
http://www.stuart-turner.co.uk/medi...gle-and-Twin-ShowerPump-WholeHousePump-IG.pdf
I've left the four pipes bonded together but I've removed the earth wire that went to the bottom of the old pump as there is no where to connect it to. Is this OK or should I be connecting it to somewhere else?

Thanks,

Jez

Sponsored Links
The pump case should be earthed by the supply cable, the pipes are earthed together to maintain earth continuity throughout the pipework as plastic hoses are used

Regards

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back