Earth bonding for shower pump

Lol. Six are labelled as they were when I moved in, the other two don't appear to be in use as far as I can tell. The shed appears to be wired into the kitchen sockets much for some reason that I can't ascertain - that's the mcb that turns it off but it also turns off the freezer which is pretty annoying as next job is to replace the shed! Will need to work out how to move it to one of the two unused ones - could there be a reason why the guy didn't put it straight into one of those in the first place?

Sponsored Links
could there be a reason why the guy didn't put it straight into one of those in the first place?
There are a myriad possibilities:
One may be that running a cable from the shed to the consumer unit is tricky. And it was just easier to hook into the kitchen power.
Also one MCB seems to be 40A and the other 6A. 40A might be too high a current for the cable running to the outbuilding, 6A would be too small for anything but lighting. And Schneider MCBs of the right value might not be in his stock.
Or perhaps he just CBA to do it that way...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back