Earth bonding in bathroom, confusion.

Nope, the boiler is on the other side of the room and will be in a cupboard when bathroom is done.

Does this mean they don't need bonding?

Sponsored Links
How difficult would it be to move the light circuit to the rcd protected side of the cu?
With that consumer unit - impossible.
The RCD in it has been obsolete for 30 years, the consumer unit itself is also obsolete, and the whole installation is 23 years overdue for an inspection.

The large gap next to the main switch needs to be filled either with a blank plate or the MCB which was removed from it and placed on the top.
Live parts are exposed inside that hole.

Lol fair enough, I thought as much. I removed the mcb after I removed the shower. Probably to stop someone switching it on.

Sponsored Links
So what I've done is leave the earth going from stopcock to cu (taking the scenic route through the bathroom) but not bonded it to any pipework in the bathroom. Sound acceptable?

Thanks

So what I've done is leave the earth going from stopcock to cu (taking the scenic route through the bathroom) but not bonded it to any pipework in the bathroom. Sound acceptable?
Yes.

That is 'Main Bonding'; not an 'earth'.

Parts need bonding (together), because they are already earthed, at different places, to equalise any potential difference (Voltage) between them in the event of a fault.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back