earth bonding in bathroom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
the new bathroom im fitting has no earth bonding at all question..................... can i connect all the pipes together with earth cable and connect the cable to an earth in a socket ????????????????????

Sponsored Links
Might be better to connect it to an earth on the lighting circuit, if there are no sockets in the bathroom.... probably not a requirement or anything.

Sponsored Links
As in which earth you connect it to, not saying that the entire bonding exercise is optional!!

But it does matter.

You have to extend your bonding to the earth of EVERY circuit which enters the bathroom.

Do you understand why supplementary bonding is installed?

Sorry, I'm no expert, but my thinking in my original reply was actually correct, I just wasn't sure when I wrote it whether or not it was compulsory to connect to the same circuit or just a common earth - I am now due to your answer!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back