supplementary bonding

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys.When earthing a rad in the bathroom and you do not find any earth cable connection nearby, is it ok to connect the rad supplementary bonding into any closest socket earthing terminal or should i take the cable up to the gas pipe main bonding? I know i am not allowed to do that myself since i do not have part P, but it is just out of curiosity. And also would a 10 mm earthing cable be big enough 4 supplementay bonding?? Thank u.

Sponsored Links
Hmm. I think you need to read up on the Regs a bit!

Supplementary bonding in the bathroom should be run in 4mm cable if unprotected, and should join together hot and cold pipes, bath (if metal) and heating pipes, plus then to the earth terminals of any circuits in the bathroom eg lighting, electric shower. You do not need to go back to the board and the gas and cold water intake pipes should have been main bonded with 10mm cable already.

Hope this is helpful

SB

sparkybird said:
Hmm. I think you need to read up on the Regs a bit!

Supplementary bonding in the bathroom should be run in 4mm cable if unprotected, and should join together hot and cold pipes, bath (if metal) and heating pipes, plus then to the earth terminals of any circuits in the bathroom eg lighting, electric shower. You do not need to go back to the board and the gas and cold water intake pipes should have been main bonded with 10mm cable already.

Hope this is helpful

SB
very clear thank u.

Sponsored Links
BTW have a look at the part P stuff.

Upgrading or fitting of main and supplementary bonding is specifically permitted without notification.

There is a very good download on supplementary bonding which you will find if you do a search on here.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back